May Chang Essential Oil
May Chang essential oil is well known in aromatherapy for its anti-stress effect. In addition, it helps to fight oily skin problems, to calm nausea, agitation and panic attacks and thanks to its anti- inflammatory effect it can be massaged to relieve muscle pain.
The essential oil of May Chang is obtained from the fruit of Litsea Cubeba , a small evergreen tropical plant belonging to the family of Lauraceae . It is a tree nicknamed "Mountain Pepper" native to Southeast Asia with delicate leaves and yellow-white flowers. From its berries is extracted the solution which, after a thorough steam distillation, it turns into May Chang essential oil.
This essential oil is characterized by a fresh, sweet and fruity fragrance, very similar to lemongrass, while its color is generally a straw yellow . It is mainly composed of citral (85%).
It is widely used in China for its properties as a tonic for the heart.
May Chang essential oil is widely used in Aromatherapy , where it is known as "the oil of tranquility" for its countless properties, both on the psyche and on the body:
- It is characterized by a energizing effect which lifts the spirit, purifies the mind and gives a sense of energy to the whole body. Furthermore, if diffused in the environment through a special essence burner, it refreshes and clarifies the air , as well as promoting concentration, preventing colds and stimulating immune self-defense. It is recommended to spread it in the most frequented environments especially to people suffering from sleep disorders, anxiety, stress and panic attacks.
- It helps in case of nausea or fatigue , in fact it is recommended to always carry it with you when traveling. Smelling a handkerchief with a few drops of this essential oil, or directly from the vial, will alleviate these annoyances almost immediately.
- Thanks to his anti-inflammatory effect , relieves muscle tears, back pain and persistent acute muscle pain. It also has astingent, pain-relieving and antiseptic properties . Helps in case of oily skin, acne, hyperseborrhea, mycosis of the skin, furunculosis, sweating.
- It is also used to fight digestive problems, respiratory tract infections and arthritis.
This oil, like all essential oils, should never be used directly pure on the skin as it could cause irritation, but always diluted in carrier oil.
It can be used in numerous ways, for example:
- To improve digestion, you can pour a drop of may chang essential oil in a cup of hot water, which you can sweeten with stevia or with balsamic honey to obtain an herbal tea capable of relieving coughs and sore throats.
- In addition to herbal teas, to purify the respiratory tract and lungs, it is possible to carry out fumigations . Just bring a pot of water to a boil and pour 6-7 drops of May Chang essential oil into it. Covering the head with a towel, bring the head over the pot and inhale the steam for about ten minutes.
- In case of acute pain, it may be of relief massage two drops of may Chang essential oil, 4 of juniper essential oil and two of lavender essential oil together with sweet almond oil on the affected area.
- Widespread in environments using a special essence burner, or ultrasound diffuser . Self inhaled pouring two drops on a tissue instead, helps to calm panic attacks, nausea and agitation
We ship throughout Italy with GLS and send a track to track the shipment. Delivery usually takes place in 24-48 hours for the boot and in 48-72 hours for the islands. Cost € 8.50 free for orders over € 79.00